Libraries are central to our community. More than just a place to read and borrow books, libraries have transformed over the years into vibrant community hubs, offering everything from free WIFI and computer access to a range of social events, business support and educational classes.
With 36 local libraries located across the county, everyone and anyone is invited to join their local library and find out more about what’s on offer.
A home for First for Wellbeing
First for Wellbeing’s vision is to create a true community of wellbeing experts, organisations, services and facilities across the county. With this in mind, it is only fitting that some of our most iconic council services such as Libraries are part of the First for Wellbeing family.
What we offer
- Full range of physical, audio and e-books
- A range of newspapers and magazines
- Free WIFI and access to computers
- Regular calendar of activities, courses and events
- Business support and advice
- Jobs and employment support services
- Room hire
- Volunteering opportunities
- First for Wellbeing wellbeing assessments (by appointment via a wellbeing advisor)
- Some First for Wellbeing services will be delivered at local libraries
Get involved or find out more
Contact us – click here to find your local library contact here
Find a book – Click here to browse the online Library Catalogue
Find out more – Click here to find out more about the Library Service