Northamptonshire Sport Launch 5K Race Series
Entries have now opened for this year’s Northants 5k Race Series. The Series is now in its 7th year and has become a regular fixture in the county’s annual running calendar. With hundreds of runners taking part last year, including club runners, jogging groups and those who are completely new to running, the 5k Race Series offers something for everyone.
The 2018 Series will include 5 trail run races, including a new race at Deene Park near Corby. All 5 races are multi-terrain courses taking in some of Northamptonshire’s beautiful parklands and woodlands. This year’s race dates are as follows:
• Sunday 22nd April 2018 – Irchester Country Park, 10.30am
• Wednesday 16th May 2018 – Salcey Forest, 7.30pm
• Friday 22rd June 2018 – Brixworth Country Park, 7.30pm
• Wednesday 18th July 2018 – Delapre Abbey, 7.30pm
• Friday 7th September 2018 – Deene Park, 7.30pm
All 5 races
• England Athletics Affiliated : £40 (earlybird £35)
• Unaffiliated : £45 £40 (earlybird £40)
• England Athletics Affiliated: online £10 (earlybird £8)
• Unaffiliated: online £12 or (earlybird £10)
• Junior Race: online £2.50 or £4 on the day
The popular 5km race distance is suitable for people of all running abilities aged 11 years and over.
Runners entering all 5 races up front will get a free 5k Race Series T-shirt. The T-shirt will be available to purchase for £10 for all other entrants.
All 5 courses have been measured, certified and licensed by UK Athletics. For more information and to enter, please visit: http://www.northamptonshiresport.org/northants-5k-race-series
Entries will be accepted on the day, but booking online in advance is cheaper.
If you don’t fancy running, then why not volunteer?
We are looking to recruit course marshals for all five races, who can direct and encourage the runners along the course, or give out the water or medals. This year we are offering each volunteer a free race entry for a friend/family member.
For more information on how to take up this offer please email 5KSeries@northamptonshiresport.org with the names of the volunteer and free race entrant and you’ll be provided with a discount code for your free entry« Back