Congratulations on taking the first step to a smoke free life.
Did you know that you are four times more likely to give up smoking with professional support, as opposed to going it alone?
Experts agree that giving up smoking is the single most beneficial thing you can do to improve your health, and your wallet will feel the benefit too!
This website contains all the information and advice you’ll need to help you stop smoking for good. You’ll find details of where you can get support to stop smoking in Northamptonshire, advice on how to stay motivated, guidance on electronic cigarette’s, and much more.
What Public Health Northamptonshire offers;
- Free clinics offering regular support and motivation from trained advisors and specialists
- Advice on ‘stop smoking’ nicotine replacement therapy (NRT)
- A course of Nicotine Replacement Therapy FREE of charge
- Direct access to clinics – no need for a GP referral
- One-on-one support
- Joint appointments – team up with a partner or friend and stop smoking together
- Telephone appointment clinics
- A range of SmokeFree information booklets, leaflets and information
Stopping smoking will help you feel better, and will almost immediately improve your health. Get in touch to find out more or book an appointment today to start your journey to a better, healthier life.
Smoking in pregnancy
Stopping smoking during pregnancy is the most effective way of ensuring that your child has the best start in life. Although it can be tough to stop smoking, there is plenty of help available across Northamptonshire. Cigarettes contain over 4,000 chemicals, many of which can prevent your baby from growing properly, and increase their risk of developing significant health problems.
Benefits of stopping smoking in pregnancy
- You will reduce the risk of complications in pregnancy and birth
- You will reduce the risk of stillbirth
- Your baby is less likely to be born too early and have to face the additional breathing, feeding and health problems that often go with being premature
- You are more likely to have a healthier pregnancy and a healthier baby
- Your baby is less likely to be born underweight
- You will reduce the risk of cot death, also known as sudden infant death syndrome
- Although you can purchase NRT over the counter, we recommend acquiring it through a specialist service and combining it with behavioral support. First for Wellbeing can provide you with 6 weeks of NRT completely free of charge alongside one-to-one behavioral support.
- Nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) contains only nicotine and none of the damaging chemicals found in cigarettes, so it is a much better option than continuing to smoke. It helps you by giving you the nicotine you would have had from a cigarette.
If you would like help to stop smoking please contact us on 0300 126 5700 or email email@example.com
Sue and Clare have both quit recently with the help of our team, watch their stories below.