Having somewhere safe to call home is central to leading an independent and fulfilling life. For many, finding and keeping somewhere to live can be one of life’s biggest challenges.
Our housing support service is holistic in its approach, providing one-on-one, personalised advice on a range of housing and housing-related issues. Whether it be finding a new place to live, help with setting up a payment plan on your utilities contracts or simply improving your day-to-day life skills such as cooking and budgeting, we have a team ready to help.
I used to feel so overwhelmed and stressed trying to manage all of my household bills and utilities accounts that I often just ignored them. After just a few sessions with the housing team, I now have a plan in place that allows me to easily budget and pay my bills each month.
What we offer:
- Assistance to find, keep and maintain a home
- Emergency housing assistance to find temporary accommodation
- Advice on receiving welfare and housing benefits
- Managing individual finances, including setting up and maintaining utilities accounts
- Budget planning and debt management
- Help with filling in forms
- Advice dealing with neighbourhood issues or conflicts
- Life skills programme – health and cooking classes, budget management, simple DIY home maintenance
Improve your wellbeing today
Appointments are completely confidential, and can be arranged to take place at a convenient community location. Our support programmes vary depending on individual needs, and are focused on helping people to lead an independent life. As part of this, we encourage people to look to their immediate personal and community networks for ongoing support.
If you have a question about our service, or want to find out more about how we can help you live a more independent, stress-free life, get in touch.Call a wellbeing advisor for more information – 0300 126 5000 or
All of our housing support services are offered by specialist advisors, and are offered in a number of locations across the county by our select partner providers and the voluntary sector.